We are pleased to announce Bismeaux Studio will be hosting a Cubase 4 digital audio workshop in conjunction with Austin Community College and legendary Austin recording engineer Fred Remmert. There are very few seats available for this exclusive opportunity, so we encourage you to register early.
The workshop will meet each Friday beginning May 5th through May 26th from 1-3pm. The sign-up deadline is Tuesday, May 2nd.
Pre-requisites: Basic computer skills, some basic audio recording knowledge, and some experience with music software (Cakewalk, Cubase, Protools, Garage band, Reason, etc...). Instruction will include a combination of lecture and demonstration by Fred Remmert, and hands-on practice with shared workstations.
1. Seminar details:
- When: When: Fridays 1-3pm. Starting Friday, May 4 - Friday May 25 (4 sessions).
- Where: Audio Lab at Bismeaux Studio 4023 Manchaca Road (1 block north of Ben White on Manchaca Road)
- Instructor: Fred Remmert - www.cedarcreekrecording.com
- Fee: $100 for current ACC Students (proof of current course enrollment required), $125 all others. Registration begins: Friday April 13th, 9:00 AM
2. Send your registration email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Emails received prior to registration opening date and time Friday April 13th, 9:00 AM will go to the bottom of the list.
3. Applicants who e-mail after registration opens will be offered a seat in the order that emails are received until capacity is reached, after which there will be a waiting list. You will be informed by email of your status.
4. Please include the following information in your registration email:
- Full name
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Email address
- ACC student status (Yes/No)
5. Deadline for fee payment: Wednesday May 2 (by 6PM), either mailed to Bismeaux Studio PO Box 463 Austin, TX 78767 or delivery in person to 4023 Manchaca Road, Austin TX 78704. Payment may be made by personal check (made out to "Bismeaux Studio") or if in person by credit card ($5 processing fee will be added). It is assumed that admitted students who fail to deliver fee by the deadline will forfeit their seat, and it will immediately be offered to prospective students on the waiting list. Fee is non-refundable.
Cubase 4 represents the cutting edge in digital audio workstations. Designed for professionals from the ground up, Cubase converges extraordinary sound quality, intuitive handling and a vast range of highly advanced audio and MIDI tools for composition, recording, editing and mixing.
- State-of-the-art Audio + MIDI Recording/Editing/Mixing
- Complete new set of VST3 virtual instruments and effects
- Real multi-channel 5.1 surround sound
- SoundFrame™ - Universal Sound Manager
- Control Room integration within your outboard studio environment
- Seamless integration of external audio and MIDI hardware
- Pristine 32-bit floating point audio engine
- Professional music notation and score printing
- Cross-Platform: Windows and Mac OS X Universal Binary